Hadrian's Cycleway - Condensed
- Skill Level
- Start Point
- South Shields
- End Point
- Highest Altitude
Places To Eat & Stay
Read more about South Shields
Places To Stay
Places To Eat
Eco Cycle Adventures is based in the heart of stunning Northumberland approximately half way along this beautiful and historic route. With 10 years of experience in bicycle holidays, we are ideally placed to help you enjoy a trip along this interesting and quieter alternative to the much heralded C2C.
- Ride from coast to coast, along the entire length of Hadrian’s Wall.
- Explore the historic forts, turrets and museums of this World Heritage Site.
- Travel through quaint villages, historic market towns and bustling cities.
- Experience the unspoilt Northumberland landscapes, taking in the some of the most dramatic and wild countryside in England.
- Complete your journey at Tynemouth and soak up more history and fantastic views at the 2000 year old Tynemouth Priory.
Why choose this route?
- It provides an interesting and quieter alternative to the much heralded C2C route and passes through some glorious countryside, taking in a series of impressive Roman sites on the way.
- The route travels through a variety of landscapes and has strong aspects of military, social, industrial and economic history to observe while cycling.
- The scenery is superb throughout and the hills more manageable than the popular C2C, making it accessible to a greater range of fitness levels.
Why choose EcoCycle Adventures?
- Based in the heart of the Northumberland countryside we have the benefit of local knowledge ad can provide you with tailored information to help you make the most of your trip.
- With 10 years’ experience in bicycle holidays you can rest assured you are in reliable, experienced hands.
- Our range of vehicles includes: 4 and 6 seat cars, 8 seat people carriers, 16 seat minibuses and 22 seat mini-coach, plus a range of cycle trailers so we can cater for all group sizes big and small.
- Our proximity to the route means if you’re in need of support we can reach you within a maximum of 2 hours.
- We have phone support from 7am to 10pm daily so we are available when you need us.
We provide comfortable transport, quality cycle-friendly accommodation and top of the range bike carriers and bike trailers.
Our drivers are experienced and professional, more than qualified to support you on your adventure and we can even provide some with first aid training and a general knowledge of bike mechanics.
We can help you by organising all or part of your cycle adventure. Options include:
Full Cycle Package
- Transfer from Tynemouth/South Shields to Bowness on Solway to start your trip
- All baggage transfers between accommodation
- Cycle friendly B&B accommodation
- Route Maps and GPX file
- Phone support available from 7am to 10pm daily
We can also provide transport only support, carrying you, your bikes and bags to the start of your cycle ride and from the end either home or to train stations/airports etc.
- Baggage Transfers between accommodation
- Emergency support – to help you in your moment of need
- Bike hire – electric or pure pedal power available
- Bunkhouse or luxury accommodation available on request
- Extra days – if you want more time to take in the sites along the way you can extend your trip to up to 5 night’s.
- Transfers to other drop off or pick up locations
- Professional and experienced tour guide
Contact us to find out more and book your cycling adventure: email@example.com, 01434 610076 or full in our online enquiry form.
Contact us with your details to find out more and to get an exact cost.
Please get in touch to discuss your exact requirements, speak to one of our knowledgeable team members and get an exact cost for you and your group.
the enquiry form, we look forward to hearing from you.